Are you ready for a mesmerizing journey into the wonders of the natural world? Join me as I welcome the wise and wonderful Judith Berger to the Revelation Project Podcast. This episode is all about the profound connection between humans and nature, and Judith shares her intimate experiences, her deep love for the earth, and how she began to recognize a deep need for ritual and rapture as part of our human experience.
Judith transports us to a nursery, surrounded by soft ground and the intoxicating scent of soil. She beautifully describes the mutual sense of welcome and wonder found in nature, where we discover a different understanding of ourselves and the world and her revelation about opening portals into liminal space that opens our hearts, allowing us to fully embrace the magic of our environment!
But here's the thing - Judith believes that our connection with nature isn't limited to our time spent outdoors. We can carry that connection with us, even when we're not physically immersed in nature. Personal totems, like feathers or stones, help us maintain that sacred bond and keep our souls aligned with the natural world.
As the conversation unfolds, Judith shares her captivating journey - from her childhood adventures in Brooklyn and the Catskills to her deepening connection with trees and her exploration of fairytales and Greek myths. We reminisce about the freedom and imagination of our own childhoods and discuss the longing for children to experience the vibrant world of outdoor play.
Judith emphasizes the importance of caring for the earth through intimate experiences and as she discovered the power of herbal medicine and yoga, she realized the role of rapture - that boundless pleasure and safety in our senses - that impacts and influences our overall well-being not only for ourselves, but also for people around us.
Other Topics Covered:
- The profound intersections between nature, medicine, and storytelling.
- Judith's expertise in herbalism and her passion for plant medicine
- The Importance of exploring our own connections with nature.
- Judith shares deeply nourishing experiences, from making herbal medicines to the meditative practice of self-care using oils
- Why rapture and ritual go hand in hand
- How to spend time learning about the herbs in your own back yard and so much more!
If you're eager to learn more, Judith has some exciting offerings for you! She has authored a book, "Herbal Rituals," which is a delightful introduction to the world of herbal medicine, filled with poetry and recipes for each month of the year. Plus, she offers newsletter subscriptions, poetry classes, and consultations on her website!
So, my friends, if you're ready to be enchanted by the healing power of nature and discover the abundant beauty of plant medicine, then this episode is meant for you. Don't miss out!
Judith Berger is an herbalist, poet, writer and physician assistant. Born and raised in Brooklyn, her earliest contact with nature was through the prism of fairy tales, the wilds of her father’s backyard garden and the dark corridors of the local plant nursery, where she first cherished the scent of soil. In Ithaca, where she went to University, she experienced her first encounters with the forest that would eventually lead her to study, teach and write about medicinal plants.
After obtaining her P.A. license, Judith returned to writing poetry, as a way to balance the left-hemispheric central nervous system focus of the medical field with the imaginal, mythic world so interwoven with nature. Over the years, Berger has ventured deeper and deeper into the woods, spending much of her free time backpacking in the Catskills and Adirondacks, studying animal tracking and mushroom identification as she continues to harvest plant and mushroom medicine for her clients, family and community and write about her encounters with the natural world.Support The Revelation Project
- Judith Berger – Herbalist & Author
- Herbal Rituals, Rhythms, & Remembrance - Judith Berger — Mythic Medicine
- Original Book:Herbal Rituals: Recipes for Everyday Living: Berger, Judith: 9780312243012:
- Book: Herbal Rituals by Judith Berger
- ebook: Herbal Rituals
- UNBECOMING FALL 2023 — Reclaim your body, mind & spirit in this groundbreaking coaching circle through the teachings, tools and practices of the feminine.
- Enter the Giveaway! — Enter for a chance to win curated books and gifts that honor the feminine, celebrate the journey of self-discovery, inner wilderness, pleasure, & the beauty way.
- Podcast — Home to Her
- Home to Herstory, Home to Your Story