In this impactful episode of the Revelation Project podcast, I welcome author Patrice D'Amato, who shares her experiences and insights from her experiences as a nurse in an abortion clinic in her book, "The View from the Clinic”.
Her book explores the emotionally charged world of abortion and challenges the shameful and secretive nature of this conversation.
She brings humor to a difficult subject and shares her personal journey, including the intimate stories of women from all walks of life and every age and every socio-economic background.
We start by discussing the moral outrage that so many seem to be embroiled in - inspiring her to write the book. The episode delves into the history of abortion, normalizing it as women’s healthcare and its normalcy in other cultures. We also discuss the political and societal impact of restricting women's reproductive choices, and all of the ways we continue to miss the collective point.
This subject requires self-understanding, opposing perspectives, and is an invitation to embrace our exiled parts for personal revelation and wholeness. They also explore the experiences of clinic staff and the need for empathy and respect when discussing women's experiences.
Listeners are invited to reflect on their own moral outrage and judgments while discovering resources and support for further exploration. Don't miss this thought-provoking episode that challenges assumptions and offers hope for healing and transformation and please don’t forget to pick up a copy of her book because it’s a joy to read! Imagine being a fly on the walls inside the clinic- there are so many incredible stories that can help you see through a kaleidoscope of experiences that just might transform your understanding even more!
- The emotionally charged world of abortion
- Challenges in the abortion debate
- The history of abortion and its normalcy in other cultures
- The impact of restricting women's reproductive choices
- Self-understanding and embracing opposing perspectives
- Experiences of clinic staff and the need for empathy and respect
- Rediscovering ancient practices and women's wisdom
- Healing, transformation, and unbecoming from societal expectations
- The secrecy, isolation, and silencing of professionals in abortion care.
- American Medical Association
- Catholic Church
Patrice is a nurse with 39 years of experience working in a variety of specialties such as critical care, women's health, and geriatrics. After 15 years, she left clinical practice to teach nursing. As an award winning educator at a top ranked university, she found her passion for mentoring new nurses and continues to teach abroad. She recently returned to clinical work and in addition to writing her recently released book, The View from the Clinic: One Nurse's Journey in Abortion Care, she has returned to working in the abortion world supporting post-abortion patients via telemedicine.Support The Revelation Project
- Website: The View From The Clinic
- Book: The View from the Clinic: One Nurse’s Journey in Abortion Care: D'Amato, Patrice
- Instagram :Patrice D’ Amato (@patricedamato11)
- TikTok: Patrice D’Amato (@patricedamato)
- The Inspired Women Podcast: Abortion From A Nurse’s Perspective Featuring Patrice D’Amato
- Podcast: Soul Nectar Show with Kerri Hummingbird: Holy War for the Womb with Patrice D’Amato