What do systemic racism and religious wounding have in common? Both are very damaging to our souls if we don’t reveal and heal them.
Listen in as Terrlyn and I talk about the importance of taking the time to investigate our own traditions and beliefs. We discuss how all must examine and reveal where unconscious bias and disempowering interpretations might be getting in the way of tapping into the true spirit of our divine nature as well as how we can all relate to one another as members of a larger spiritual community where everyone gets to belong.
Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery is a pastologist, spiritual leader, author, and TEDx speaker. She is the creator of pastology, the dynamic approach to transformation that focuses on the synergy between spirituality and the human psyche. She helps transformational leaders stay grounded in their faith, values, and purpose by providing both spiritual and psychological support as they manifest their own greatness and help others to do the same. Dr. Curry Avery helps leaders recognize and understand how ingrained disruptive and damaging messages from various religions may impact their finances, decision-making, careers, and personal self-image. She holds a Ph.D. from Hofstra University and a MDiv. from Yale University. She is the author of Sacred Intelligence: The Essence of Sacred, Selfish and Shared Relationships and was the previous host of her own Public Access Show.
Enjoy this rich discussion of the patriarchy, giving up your power, religious trauma, understanding how race and religion can separate us if we are not mindful and aware, and what might be possible if we were to give ourselves permission to reimagine and broaden our perspective on the sacred.
- We need to be able to look at religion and the divine through a number of different perspectives and stay open and stay curious, and give each other the freedom to have our own experience.
- Language can segregate unless we put the stories of the Bible into context.
- If we were to look at each other as spiritual beings we would not be in such division.
- Many of us have hidden religious wounds that can keep us feeling unworthy, undeserving, and in shame.
- Sacred Intelligence
- Wounded By Religion: Healed By the Sacred | Terrlyn Curry Avery | TEDxNewBedford - YouTube
- 7-Day Prayer Experience | sacredintelligence
- Book: Sacred Intelligence: The Essence of Sacred, Selfish, and Shared Relationships by PhD MDiv Terrlyn L Curry Avery (2015-02-02): PhD MDiv Terrlyn L Curry Avery
- Facebook: Sacred Intelligence, LLC - Home
- Instagram • Dr. Terrlyn Curry Avery (@terrlyncurry)