Rachel Dunham is often referred to as a creatrix, and while the term itself refers to a powerful female creator, I believe that a creatrix is also a woman who is gifted with intuition and the ability to tap into that which we cannot see in order to bring ideas and essence into form and energy.
I was lucky enough to have worked with Rachel to create the branding for The Revelation Project, and was astonished when she revealed it to me. It’s a mark with multiple meanings that so captured the many angles of what The Revelation Project is.
My logo is of two faces looking at one another, their outline creating a butterfly. The butterfly is a symbol of transformation; a story that is near and dear to my heart. The two faces represent self-love and the power of witnessing other women. Witnessing, or truly seeing another, and celebrating each other, are two very important elements to every interaction I have with all the women I serve through The Revelation Project. Rachel created an image that represents not only me but the many women the project serves as well as our power, our purpose, and our ability to become the most beautiful version of our true selves.
Listen in as Rachel and I talk about mothering, female entrepreneurship during covid, business as a form of self-expression, the evolution of a brand, the importance of investing in your business, the energetics of branding, The Desire Deck that she is creating, and the mark she wants to leave on the world.
*Show notes: *
- We use our businesses as a form of self-expression.
- Women charge a lot for their services but yet are not willing to put money into their own business and brand.
- Rachel believes that the best place to start with branding is within, at the core of who you are, and how you want to connect to the people you serve.
- Rachel created a journal to do the initial emotional branding work of who you are to help you get the clarity you need to begin.
- When we begin the process of starting a business, the first questions we need to ask are: How do we want to serve?
- How do we want to be known in the world?
- A brand is so much more than a mark, it is also an energetic vibration.
- If your brand and your message are created in alignment with the truth of the energy behind it, it’s going to resonate for others and attract them if they need your product or service.
- We are not our business. We inform our business, but it’s important that we not “be” our business.
- The Desire Deck is about helping women manifest their dreams.