How is the honey bee connected to the feminine? And how does following the bees through ancient myth support dismantling patriarchy?
Meet my guest is, Ariella Daly- she is a dream weaver and bee tender. She's devoted to both the physical and the spirit world, and she synthesizes natural beekeeping, shamanism, dream work, and earth activism through writing workshops and teaching.
Her work combines firsthand knowledge of the honeybee species with an intimate understanding of European bee shamanism. She's known for helping people connect to the wild and sacred through their relationship with bees, nature, the sacred feminine, and the inherent intuition of the body.
At this time - we are in dire need of remembering our own sense of belonging and relationship to the more than human world. And we're looking for how to heal, reconnect, and remember.
Is it possible that other species, ancestors, and myths are seeking us as much as we are seeking them? People are often drawn to Ariella because they are interested in bees and perhaps have a spiritual calling, or perhaps they want to keep bees in a more natural way. But I specifically wanted to bring Ariella onto this episode because of her capacity and talent for dream weaving. I’ve heard her speak in the past, and you'll notice that when she speaks. She weaves a tapestry of mythology, story, and current events in with her work with the bees, and she's most definitely a bridge for tapping more deeply into the mystery that is always right here, She reminds us what we've forgotten- which is how to read the signs and see the symbols and follow that mysterious, generative, feminine energy that is always an invitation to reveal more.
- Why the bees hold a special medicine for humanity
- Why we can’t help the bees if we continue to believe that we are destroying the planet.
- How the movie “The Neverending Story and it's subject “the nothing” play into what’s happening in the world.
- What is European Bee Shamanism?
- How does the mythology of bees support dismantling patriarchy?
- What is a Gyno-centric Tradition?
- How is the feminine connected to the bees?
- What are the wombic nature of the earth and the hive, and how are women related to this?
- Hear about Ariella’s story and her first experience with a bee swarm and the incredible experience and ongoing revelations it provided her
- What is the feminine approach to beekeeping?
- How else can we be “ecstatically met by the feminine?
- How is the symbology of figure 8 related to the bees and to the mystery?
- Where do bees live when they are not in hives?
- How are bees the embodied gateway to gnosis?
- Book: The Shamanic Way of the Bee: Ancient Wisdom and Healing Practices of the Bee Masters
- Honey Bee Wild
- Instagram: Ariella Daly | Beekeeper (@beekeepinginskirts) • photos and videos
- Facebook - Ariella Daly
- Ariella Daly for Beecoming Project - YouTube
- Book: World as Lover, World as Self
- Faculty | The Shift Network
- Unbecoming: From Trance to Transformation