Lynne Twist - Living A Committed Life
November 23rd, 2022
1 hr 26 secs
About this Episode
Lynne's early professional life led her to a chance encounter of meeting Buckminster Fuller, which changed the trajectory of her life. In this fantastic episode, Lynne shares her understanding of this time of the Divine Feminine and how living a life of commitment has shaped her life, her vision for women, and the future of humanity.
- Lynne is naming the energy coming through at this time: The Sophia Century and what this means for humanity at this time of evolutionary change.
- We are the ancestors of an age to come, and all of us that are here at this time have an extraordinary opportunity to make an impact- more than ever before in human history.
- How women can meet the dominance of the patriarchy, and how we can ignite a new age of feminine leadership.
- Why Men long to activate more of the feminine leadership model in their lives.
- How Jack Canfield, friend, and author of Chicken Soup for The Soul, encouraged Lynne to write her new book almost 20 years after the incredible success of The Soul of Money - which is still to this day is considered one of the most visionary and best-selling books.
- Living a committed life has inspired and informed Lynne's understanding of what makes ordinary people extraordinary.
- For people living at this time in history, humanity is being called forth to be the stewards and midwives of the world to come as our systems and structures fall apart - education, governance, health, education, and climate are all in crisis, and the "mess of the world" can be overwhelming. Lynne's antidote is to live what she is calling "a committed life" in service to a purpose larger than yourself.
- Lynn's book is designed to meet the moment of our time and engage people in stepping more fully into our own lives and to reveal our unique gift that is only ours to give.
- Why the universe loves commitment, and why the universe loves when we endeavor to do something larger than we feel capable of.
- What happens to us at a cellular level when we hear someone speak about their commitments?
- How meeting Buckminster Fuller and hearing his story changed the trajectory of Lynne's life and awakened her at the deepest level.
- How one ordinary individual can change the world.
- How most people think of commitment is backward. Rather than being a burden, commitment liberates us and gives us freedom and fulfillment in ways we never thought possible.
- Hear Lynne Talk about some of her darkest times - times she wanted to give up.
- Why it's so important that we stay in proximity to suffering, and don't turn away from those who are suffering.
Lynne Twist is unstoppable in achieving her commitments, but she does so with humility, open-hearted grace, and ruthless enthusiasm. She is boundlessly generous—with her time, inspiration, and even her own home.
She does not distinguish between those deserving of her love and attention and those who are not: all are welcome and appreciated for who they are in her land, and She reigns with love, laughter, and dance, and she loves to celebrate the good in the world.
Lynne Twist is a global visionary and activist committed to creating an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, and socially just future. She is the co-founder of the Pachamama Alliance, the founder of the Soul of Money Institute, and the author of the bestselling book The Soul of Money, Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life, and her forthcoming book Living a Committed Life - Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself.
From working with Mother Teresa in Calcutta to the refugee camps in Ethiopia and the threatened rainforests of the Amazon, as well as guiding the philanthropy of some of the world's wealthiest families, her on-the-ground work has brought her a deep understanding of people's relationship with money and Her breadth of knowledge and experience has led her to profound insights about the social tapestry of the world and the historical landscape of the times we are living in - even coining the phrase for this century as "The Sophia Century" - the century of wisdom.
Her compelling stories, life experiences, commitment, and dedication to making a difference astound and inspire me, and her presence and impact on my life have been immeasurable. In full transparency, I've had the honor of being on her digital marketing team for the past few years and have grown immensely in close proximity to her teachings, leadership, and stand for those she serves.
In addition to her best-selling, award-winning book "The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life" (W.W. Norton, 2003), which has been translated into nine languages including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Bulgarian and Portuguese. Lynne has contributed chapters to more than ten books, including:
- Women of Courage: Inspiring Stories from the Women Who Live Them, by Katherine Martin (New World Library, 1999)
- Nonprofit Management 101: A Complete and Practical Guide for Leaders and Professionals" by Darian Rodriguez Heyman (Jossey-Bass, 2011)
- Einstein's Business: Engaging Soul, Imagination, and Excellence in the Workplace" by Dawson Church, Ph.D. (Elite Books, 2007)
- Birth 2012 and Beyond: Humanity's Great Shift to the Age of Conscious Evolution by Barbara Marx Hubbard (Shift Books, 2012)
Lynne has been an advisor to several organizations, including the Desmond Tutu Foundation, Network of Grateful Living, and The Nobel Women's Initiative — an initiative of seven living Nobel Women Peace Laureates who work together to end violence against women and girls.
A sought-after speaker, Lynne travels the world giving keynote presentations and workshops for conferences, including the United Nations Beijing Women's Conference, Nobel Women's Conference on Sexual Violence, State of the World Forum Conference, Alliance for a New Humanity Conference with Deepak Chopra, Synthesis Dialogues with His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Governor's Conference on California Women, among others.
In addition, she has co-presented and shared the stage with some of today's most influential thought leaders, including:
- Oprah Winfrey
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Riane Eisler
- Deepak Chopra
- Jane Goodall
- Leymah Gbowee
- Jack Canfield
- Paul Hawken
- Van Jones
- Soul of Money Institute
- The Pachamama Alliance | Transformative Workshops and Amazon Advocacy
- Book: The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life: Twist, Lynne, Canfield, Jack
- New Book: Living a Committed Life: Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself: 9781523093090: Twist, Lynne, Jones, Van: Books
- Book: Chicken Soup for the Soul 20th Anniversary Edition: All Your Favorite Original Stories Plus 20 Bonus Stories for the Next 20 Years: Canfield, Jack, Hansen, Mark Victor, Newmark, Amy: 8601234629139
- Book: The Evidence of Things Not Seen: A Mountaineer's Tale: Murray, W. H., MacInnes, Hamish
- Book:Inventor of the Future: The Visionary Life of Buckminster Fuller