Acharya Shunya is a truth-teller who facilitates authenticity, self-remembrance, and divine feminine pathways to awakening.
After centuries of living in patriarchal societies, many women don’t realize how powerful they are—or how much they’ve been enculturated to keep their true nature hidden.
In Roar Like a Goddess, trailblazing Vedic spiritual teacher Acharya Shunya empowers women everywhere to step into their divine immensity and lead powerful, abundant, and wise lives through her revolutionary revisioning of ancient India’s primary goddess archetypes:
- The Goddess Durga—A role model who vanquishes internalized misogyny and institutionalized patriarchy, Durga teaches you how to take back your full feminine power.
- The Goddess Lakshmi—Known for her beauty and generous spirit, Lakshmi guides you to cultivate unshakable inner contentment and soul-aligned abundance.
- The Goddess Saraswati—The ultimate teacher of our most profound journey to Self, Saraswati illuminates the gifts of wisdom, peace, and inner freedom.
Sharing classic myths, original insights, and empowering practices, Shunya offers a profound process for awakening the many faces of the goddess within.
- Why Women’s Anger is Sacred and why we must learn to express it
- How the Goddesses can serve as inspiration for modern feminism
- One of the most fundamental aspects of self-empowerment is cultivating a healthy sense of self-worth.
- How the goddesses teach us to love ourselves
- Acharya’s journey as a spiritual teacher who became the head of a 2,000-year-old lineage.
- How she walks the line of being bold in her assertions, as well as inclusive in her teachings
- Why we should encourage the carnal pursuit of pleasure
- Similar to the pursuit of sex, we — particularly as women — are taught that the goal of material wealth is “non-spiritual,” but this is not true
- Why women’s power is not always available uniformly, and how can it be accessed from within.
The first female lineage-holder of her distinguished Vedic tradition, Acharya Shunya is an internationally renowned scholar, teacher, author, speaker, and scholar of nondual wisdom (Advaita) from India and a classically-trained master of Yoga and Ayurveda. She is the Founder of The Awakened Self Foundation and the nonprofit Vedika Global, Inc., platforms headquartered in Northern California that empower, educate, and inspire a global community of students through online courses, workshops, and retreats. These conversations are furthered by Shunya’s top-rated podcast, “Shadow To Self.” An award-winning author of international repute, Shunya’s most recent book, Roar Like a Goddess: Every Woman’s Guide to Becoming Unapologetically Powerful, Prosperous, and Peaceful, was published by Sounds True in September 2022 and is now available worldwide.Support The Revelation Project
- Website | Acharya Shunya — Acharya Shunya
- Facebook: Acharya Shunya Global
- Twitter: Acharya Shunya (@AcharyaShunya)
- Instagram: Truth Teller, Awakener, Visionary Author, Teacher (@acharyashunya) • photos and videos
- YouTube: Acharya Shunya
- Book: Roar Like a Goddess: Every Woman's Guide to Becoming Unapologetically Powerful, Prosperous, and Peaceful: 9781683648826: Shunya, Acharya: Books