Join me for a conversation about Body Whispering with Dain Heer and our innate capability to heal from what ails us by learning to listen to the body's wisdom and discern our pain and disease from another.
In this episode we cover:
- Many of us have the innate gift of being empathic, which makes us natural facilitators of healing.
- It’s important to be able to facilitate healing without taking on another’s pain as our own.
- The greatest gift we can give another is to empower them with choice and to bring their own power to heal into their awareness.
- “What are you dying to get out of?” and “Whose pain is this?” are questions to consider when we are dealing with chronic pain or terminal illness.
- Learning to ask your body what it needs and listen to its answers.
- Reacquainting ourselves with chaos as a form of awakening consciousness and activating opportunities for healing.
- Fixed points of view are also “stuck” points of energy in the body that may create dis-ease.
In the episode, I refer to the following story to illustrate how we tend to judge an experience. In this story, the experience shifts as the old farmer continues to suspend judgment to view the conditions from other perspectives:
“There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically. "Maybe," the farmer replied.
The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed. "Maybe," replied the old man.
The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy for his misfortune. "Maybe," answered the farmer.
The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "Maybe," said the farmer.”
Beginning his journey as a chiropractor, Dr. Dain Heer has been facilitating, exploring, and celebrating the magic of bodies for the last 30 years.
Along his journey, he developed his signature energy work called the Energetic Synthesis of Being: a totally different way that invites a new level of awareness and energetic transformation with bodies which includes kindness, caring, and communion.
Growing up, Dain had a lot of abuse in his life, but he never chose to be a victim. He learned very early on the power of real courage, choice, and resilience. He learned to transform life's challenges into a gift of strength, awareness and continue being in the question. Dain says judgment is the biggest killer on the planet, especially the judgment of ourselves.
Based on his own life experience, he asks, "What if we could get out of the wrongness of ourselves and see every wrongness, the places where we judge ourselves the most, as a strongness? What would be possible then?"
Reaching far beyond what people say with words, Dain looks at the energy of what is being presented and invites people to live without apology, no longer needing to hide their differences and unique capacities from the world. Body Whispering- A New Way of Seeing, Being & Healing is Dain's latest book. Learn more at www.bodywhispering.com.
Keep up to date with @dainheer on Instagram and on Facebook @dainheer. More at www.drainheer.com.