When I experienced my first dark night of the soul in 2008, it would have been so helpful to know that what I was experiencing was a rite of passage and a descent that would assist me in my ascent into greater awareness and consciousness.
What I was experiencing was a transition that had me face and heal my inner wounded maiden so that I could cross over into the mother archetype and change my life for the better.
When I stumbled upon Sarah’s work, I felt so deeply seen and nourished. In addition to the fact that she helped me understand my journey at a deeper level, she is also a wealth of information, teachings, and stories about the goddess, the divine feminine, the heroine's journey. She also mentors women on their own paths. What I love the most about Sarah is her potent story-telling and her raw authenticity. I hope you love listening as much as I loved interviewing her.
Sarah Durham Wilson is a women’s rites of passage leader and writer. She is the founder and creatrix of The MotherSpirit, which focuses on archetypal Mother work and resurrecting the rite of passage from Maiden to Mother. Sarah works with private clients and has taught courses and led retreats for hundreds of women over the past decade. She previously worked as an arts and music writer in New York City, writing for Rolling Stone, VH1, GQ, Vanity Fair, and Interview Magazines. In 2010, she launched the website DOITGIRL, which inspired women called to the work of the witch and priestess. She lives on Martha’s Vineyard with her daughter Avalon and her black cat, Odin.
Listen in as we explore:
- Heartbreak as a rite of passage.
- Why do women keep choosing the same type of men again and again - especially abusive or narcissistic men?
- If we were raised in a patriarchal house, did we ever truly experience what love is?
- Why does it feel like a death when you are rejected or left behind?
- What is “the wounded maiden,” and why is she so thirsty for love and validation from the outside world?
- What does it mean for us that we live in a matricidal and misogynistic culture?
- Why is nature so essential to the unbecoming process and untangling from the clutches of patriarchal conditioning?
- Why learning to love and accept ourselves in our full self-expression and for our whole selves is the deepest and most authentic love we will ever know.
- The MotherSpirit
- Books — The MotherSpirit
- Facebook - Do It Girl
- Twitter - DOITGIRL (@SARAHDOITGIRL)
- Marion Woodman - Wikipedia
- Francis Weller
- Quills Movie
- Joanna Macy & Her Work
- Book:Dancing in the Flames: The Dark Goddess in the Transformation of Consciousness (9781570623134): Marion Woodman, Elinor Dickson
- The Way of the Rose: The Radical Path of the Divine Feminine Hidden in the Rosary - Kindle edition by Strand, Clark, Finn, Perdita. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ AmazonSmile.
- Book: Shakti Woman: Feeling Our Fire, Healing Our World - The New Female Shamanism: Noble, Vicki