What does it mean to surrender certainty and live within mystery again, to recover the dark wisdom of the dirt and the dead, and to find our way together in an age of chaos and collapse?
Since ancient times, roses have symbolized the divine and our creators active presence in our lives.
It's also a representation of the gradual process of revelation, healing, and the many layers of wisdom that unfold throughout our lifetime.
Roses have also long served as the symbol of "The Lady" and Mother Mary.
Mary is closely associated with the rosary, but what most people don't realize is that she is also closely associated with The Goddess Isis.
You may be surprised to realize that the rosary has many incredibly mysteries that lead us down the radical path to the divine feminine.
Before a vision of the mysterious "Lady" invited Clark and Perdita to pray the rosary, they were not only uninterested in becoming Catholic but finished with institutional religion altogether. Their main spiritual concerns were the fate of the planet and the future of their children and grandchildren in an age of ecological collapse. But this Lady barely even referred to the Church and its proscriptions. Instead, she spoke of the miraculous power of the rosary to transform lives and heal the planet.”
- Why have human beings made beads for over a hundred thousand years?
- What is a viable spiritual response to the catastrophes of climate change?
- Why is prayer, and prayer for our own heart's desire, the most radical act of courage in the face of extractive capitalism?
- How is the rosary, a little old lady's Catholic prayer, the best guide through the labyrinth of modernity?
- Why is reaching for the hand of the Mother so consoling?
- How is the divine feminine the emergent energy of our time and what is her invitation?
THE WAY OF THE ROSE: The Radical Path to The Divine Feminine Hidden In The Rosary, is truly an incredible story. I consider it essential reading on the path to more deeply connecting with the divine feminine and highly recommend it.
Clark Strand and Perdita Finn are the co-authors of The Way of the Rose: The Radical Path of the Divine Feminine Hidden in the Rosary, and the founders of an international fellowship by the same name devoted to the earth and the Lady by any name you want to call her. They are committed to re-wilding prayer and our experience of spiritual community. Clark has written numerous books including Seeds from a Birch Tree: Haiku as a Spiritual Practice and Waking Up to the Dark: Ancient Wisdom for a Sleepless Age and connects people to the living world with his workshops on haiku and Finn is the author of the forthcoming Take Back the Magic: Getting to Know the Dead and leads friends into the underworld with her intensives on the dead.
- The Revelation Project Episode 89: Sophie Strand - Catching Feathers & Ecological Embodiment
- Book: The Way of the Rose: The Radical Path of the Divine Feminine Hidden in the Rosary: Strand, Clark, Finn, Perdita
- Book: Waking Up to the Dark: Ancient Wisdom for a Sleepless Age: Strand, Clark, Lytle, Will
- Book: The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna: Swami Nikhilananda, Aldous Huxley
- Book: Mary Magdalene Revealed: The First Apostle, Her Feminist Gospel & the Christianity We Haven't Tried Yet - Kindle edition by Watterson, Meggan. Religion & Spirituality Kindle
- Way of the Rose – A new way that is really an old way
- Our Lady of Woodstock – Way of the Rose
- Instagram - Perdita Finn (@perditafinn)
- Instagram -Clark Strand (@clarkstrand)
- Facebook - The Way of the Rose