Talking to Vanessa Chakour about her book Awakening Artemis was a joy! We discuss how we are not separate from nature or exempt from the natural world. How our survival is dependent on this interconnected nature with plants, animals, and fungi with whom we share ecosystems and exchange intellectual ideas.
I can not express how much I loved this book, her writing, and the lessons explained in it. She shares why it was important to process personal traumas and write them into these stories to share with others. (I might have fangirled hard over her book.)
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir
- Vanessa discusses how she came about choosing the title for the book and the multi-layers of meaning.
- Learn fascinating things about the weeds and flowers all around us that offer us profound benefits.
- How can plant life heal and restore humans?
- Be astonished by the many ways in which the wisdom of plants and knowing them more deeply can help us illuminate and understand ourselves.
- Listen to how her book helps people empower themselves as they connect with nature
- Listen to how she developed a love for boxing and how it became a healing modality
- Get a sneak peek into what is coming next
“A weed is a plant out of place.” ― Jim Thompson
Vanessa Chakour is an herbalist, visual artist, rewilding educator, former pro-boxer, environmental activist, and founder of Sacred Warrior—a multidisciplinary educational and experiential “school” offering plant medicine, wildlife conservation, and meditation through courses, workshops, and retreats with a diverse group of teachers. Sacred Warrior’s Rewilding Retreats are in partnership with the Wolf Conservation Center in New York, The Jaguar Rescue Center in Costa Rica, and Alladale Wilderness Reserve in the Scottish Highlands. Vanessa has shared her work as a speaker at the United Nations, Brown University, and the Muhammad Ali Center, and as a visual artist, in galleries from Tribeca to Chelsea. She lives in Western Massachusetts and teaches around the world.Support The Revelation Project
- Vanessa Chakour
- Book: Awakening Artemis: Deepening Intimacy with the Living Earth and Reclaiming Our Wild Nature: Chakour, Vanessa: 9781984882097: Amazon.com: Books — https://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Artemis-Deepening-Intimacy-Reclaiming/dp/1984882090?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1648431351&sr=1-1&linkCode=ll1&tag=revelationwom-20&linkId=a39bd4666f3db0cd003c02a5828d1a0a&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
- Book Retailers - Awakening Artemis by Vanessa Chakour: 9781984882097 | PenguinRandomHouse.com
- News — Vanessa Chakour
- Instagram: Vanessa Chakour (@vchakour)
- Facebook - Vanessa Chakour
- Facebook- Sacred Warrior
- Book: Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype: Clarissa Pinkola Estés: 8601420340220: AmazonSmile: Books
- Book: Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom: John O'Donohue: 9780060929435: AmazonSmile: Books
- Newsletter: Earthly Bodies | Vanessa Chakour