In this episode, I had the pleasure of welcoming back Dr. Terrlyn Curry Avery to talk about anti-racism.
In our first discussion, we explored her work in helping heal religious trauma, which is also intersectional to racism and a by-product of patriarchy.
Today we dove into her book Dismantling Racism from the Inside Out, and how these times invite us to reckon with our internal bias and require us to untangle the lies of us and them, black or white, and other corrupt programs of patriarchy.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- When did Terrlyn first encounter racism?
- Understand micro-aggression and its impact.
- What are implicit and unconscious biases, and how do they show up in our lives?
- The murder of George Floyd became a catalyst for a new explosion of awakening to racism worldwide.
- Racism is not a “trend.”
- How can we activate this work in our lives and grow our capacity to dismantle racism?
- Looking at our own internal “stuff” is hard and necessary
- What is Sacred Intelligence, and how can we access it?
Rev. Dr. (TLC) is the creator of Pastology, the cutting-edge field that focuses on the synergy between pastoring and psychology. She holds a Ph.D. from Hofstra University and a Masters of Divinity from Yale University. She calls herself a pastologist (licensed psychologist and ordained minister) and is a transformational leader, coach, speaker, author and retreat leader. Rev. Dr. TLC has a unique approach to healing, transformation, and manifestation. She places emphasis on the journey toward sacred intelligence: the ability to tap into one’s internal source in order to move toward intelligent choices. Those choices are intended to honor the Sacred and help the individual manifest their greatness, while simultaneously embracing the humanity of those around them.
Rev. Dr. TLC works with highly influential and committed leaders who need spiritual, life, or career coaching as they transform the world by creating a legacy of service, prosperity, and greatness. She also provides coaching support for leaders to help them understand how their sphere of influence can help to change the status quo and to dismantle structures that have intentionally and unintentionally created racial disparities. Her coaching provides an opportunity for leaders to: create the right context for conversations on race and leadership development with their employees; discover how racism and unconscious bias influence their hiring practices, affect their clients and have a direct impact on the company’s financial goals; and understand how racism impacts employees, their work performance, and their feelings of safety in the work environment. Rev. Dr. TLC has a long history of working with institutions, organizations, and communities to bridge the racial divide and to promote racial equity.
Rev. Dr. TLC is the host of Dismantle Racism with the Rev. Dr. TLC which airs on talkradio.nyc.
She is the author of Dismantling Racism: Healing Separation From the Inside Out and Sacred Intelligence: The Essence of Sacred, Selfish & Shared Relationships. Rev. Dr. TLC is the pastor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Presbyterian Church in Springfield, MA.Support The Revelation Project
- The Revelation Project Episode 27: Dr. Terrlyn Curry Avery - Revealing and Healing Religious Wounds
- Home | sacredintelligence
- Book: Dismantling Racism: Healing Separation from the Inside Out: Curry Avery, Terrlyn L.
- Facebook : Sacred Intelligence, LLC
- Instagram : Rev. Dr. Terrlyn Curry Avery (@revdrtlc)
- LinkedIn: Terrlyn L. Curry Avery, Ph.D, MDiv
- Twitter: Rev. Dr. TLC Avery (@RevDrTLC)
- Radio Show: Rev. Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery presents Dismantle Racism with Rev. Dr. TLC @ TalkRadio.NYC