Meet my dear friend Vanessa Ryerse. She is an entrepreneur, an ordained pastor a working artist, and a mother. I first learned of Vanessa when I heard her on Rob Bell’s Podcast The Robcast a couple of years ago and I knew I had to reach out and know her more deeply.
It turns out, she’s my people, and our initial conversation actually sparked a desire in me to begin my own podcast. Vanessa helped me realize that I wanted to give women who are doing powerful work in the world a bigger platform to share their ideas, revelations and work. She’s talented, open-hearted, rebellious, and thinks about things deeply - with her heart.
When Vanessa talks you want to lean in and listen real close so you don’t miss something magical. She’s always making beautiful things and she’s always integrating and building bridges for herself and for others between the human and the divine.
Vanessa pastors at her start up: Vintage Fellowship in Fayetteville with her husband Rob. They have four children, biological and adopted, ranging from college to preschool. She sells in two Etsy shops: one for vintage home decor and clothing, The Classic Butterfly, and another featuring her broken china mosaic art, The Mosaic Butterfly.
Listen in as we talk about her new sermon series, her own understanding of Patriarchy, her religious trauma, how she’s shifting the narrative of gender hierarchy with progressive theology and so much more.
- Episode 8: Vanessa Ryerse - Upsetting the Trance of Unworthiness
- Vintage Fellowship - Fayetteville AR Church
- Facebook - Vintage Fellowship
- Salvation Café | a local favorite, Newport, Rhode Island
- Original Blessing: Putting Sin in Its Rightful Place: Danielle Shroyer
- Untamed: Glennon Doyle
- The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms: LaPorte, Danielle: 8601404668869: Amazon.com: Books
- The Book of Longings: A Novel: Kidd, Sue Monk
- Vanessa Ryerse - Pastor, Artist
- Etsy: Mosaics from Broken China EcoFriendly by TheMosaicButterfly
- Etsy: Vintage Industrial Cottage Mid-Century Art by TheClassicButterfly
- Instagram • Vanessa (@themosaicbutterfly)
- Facebook - Vintage Butterfly - Mosaics & Vintage Decor