Bergen Hyde - From Wounded Maiden to Cherishing Mother: An Archetypal Rite of Passage for Women
December 15th, 2021
1 hr 12 mins 19 secs
About this Episode
Bergen Hyde is someone I was immediately drawn to because of her beautiful heart and her willingness to feel and share her experience with others so deeply.
Listen in as we describe the archetypical journey of Wounded Maiden to the Cherishing Mother in our work with the sacred feminine and hear Bergens’s personal story of starving for the nourishment of the divine feminine and how she came to find her.
- What is internalized patriarchy, and how does it impact women?
- What is the wounded maiden, and why is she so prevalent in the world today?
- What are the traits of Wounded Maiden? What are the Traits of Mother?
- What is The Triple Mother Wound, and how can we reveal it and heal it?
- What is the Death Mother?
- How can the dark feminine energies hurt or help us?
- Why does the Patriarchy want to keep women pretty, pleasing, and polite?
- What is the archetypal underworld, and why must we go there to discover who we are?
- How can women awaken from the trance of patriarchal religion to discover the sacred feminine's nourishment?
- How did Bergan begin to conceive of her work with WOMB?
- Why it’s so important for women to become embodied and know their own inner wild?
- How can women return to flow and keep the flow?
- How can women connect more deeply with Mother Earth?
- What does it mean to be with the “pain of transformation?”
Bergen Hyde has lived in Provo, Utah for the past 13 years with her husband and three kids. Her favorite things are dancing, salty snacks, spending time in the mountains, preferably in a body of water. Bergen is the oldest of 4 and grew up in Wisconsin.
She is the Co-Founder and Creative Director of WOMB, which she founded with her two sisters Jentri and Sarah. They hold women’s circles, workshops, retreats, and one-on-one mentoring designed to support women in healing internalized patriarchy, integrating the sacred feminine, and reclaiming personal sovereignty.
Bergen has been devoted to the sacred feminine for the last four years and is currently training under Sarah Durham Wilson as a Wounded Maiden to Mature Feminine practitioner.Support The Revelation Project
- Website | Wombsisters
- Instagram: Midwifing Soul Rebirth✨ (@womb_circle)
- The Revelation Project Episode 86: Sarah Durham Wilson - Heartbreak as a Rite of Passage
- Books by Marion Woodman
- Books byClarissa Pinkola Estes
- Book: Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype: 9780345377449: Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Sarah Durham Wilson - The MotherSpirit
- Instagram - Sarah Durham Wilson (@sarahofmagdalene)